Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hype Show @ the Paramount Drive-In Parking Lot




1) MSD presiding. Hypes up BCCW's upcoming debut card "RESPECT THE HOOKERS & SHOOTERS". Introduces local jobber. Enter EVAN BOURNE!!! Quick squash, Shooting Star Press.






2) "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers w/ Heenan & Barrett to the ring. Coin themselves the "Diamond Dynasty". Are looking to complete their quartet with a final associate. 4th member to be named later...

3) Interrupted by LOU THESZ.




LOU THESZ: If you want to do a good job at something, you may succeed if you're lucky. Luck has a lot to do with it, because a major injury at the wrong time.... (clearly referencing the time KARL GOTCH confronted BUDDY ROGERS backstage in Columbus and broke his hand). It just slows you up, and you've got to kind of start all over again. When you get into competitive wrestling, not just show business, there isn't any time or any day that you're not hurting somewhere. Unless you can work around that and live with it, and try to enjoy your life along with that discomfort, you're in the wrong business.

(throws a nod toward WADE BARRETT)

You don't have dedicated [students] these days. They're tough to come by. They see this crap on TV, and that's what they think wrestling is. They're fans. They aren't athletes, they're fans. They come off the street, and they say, "I think I can do that," or, "I'd like to do that. I want to be a champion."

When I hear things like that, like, "I don't want to learn how to wrestle. What kind of a robe can I have, and what kind of a belt you got for me?"

I say [making a fist], "I've got one right here for you."

Security rushes ring and breaks up the wrestlers. Diamond Dynasty retreats, cursing and swearing all the way. LOU THESZ left shaking his fist in the ring.



4) JACK SWAGGER interrupts. Promo serenading shooters, before segueing into a spiel about his own athletic accomplishments. New School versus Old School. LOU THESZ I'm calling you OUT.

SWAGGER: "You didn't earn anything! You never have. You simply capitalized on the misfortune of others. More specifically, you capitalized on the misfortune of the Nature Boy Buddy Rogers. You see, Lou, while you were in Tijuana drinking cervezas, I was back in Oklahoma WINNING. I was back in America perfecting the art of wrestling. I studied for thousands of hours, running countless drills... cuz I knew one day...

LISTEN TO ME, PEOPLE!

Because I knew one day I was gonna be destined for the WORLD. HEAVYWEIGHT. CHAMPIONSHIP.

BOOM."

With security separating the two wrestlers, MSD into the ring with a mic where LOU THESZ accepts the challenge. At "RESPECT THE HOOKERS & SHOOTERS" it will be JACK SWAGGER versus LOU THESZ.

5) It takes a few moments to clear out the ring and get things settled down. Meanwhile, "C.R.E.A.M." by Wu-Tang Clan plays over the speakers. Suddenly, we realize DESMOND WOLFE is in the audience. He has been the whole time, and is shaking his head in disgust.




DESMOND WOLFE:  Until I’m in that situation where I’m booking the show it’s almost impossible to say which way is better.  They [BCCW] asked for the match so they got the match. There are certain limitations to what you can do on TV and what you can’t do. I’m not sure what I’d have done in the same situation, because they have storylines that are ongoing.  I think one of the best things about BCCW is that they listen to the fans to a certain extent but they try and figure things in with the right direction of company. That’s not always easy to do...


6) MSD wraps up show... "RESPECT THE SHOOTERS & HOOKERS" coming soon... have a wonderful night...

 
interrupted by TRIPLE H!!!!



Immaculately dressed, with a sledgehammer and a briefcase. Ultra-heel 2000ish.

Takes to the podium in the center of the ring, resting both the sledgehammer and the briefcase upon it. In Boston, Irish-mob related. McMahon Family Jewels. Staking his claim, taking over the game.


TRIPLE H: People say the power I have puts me in a position of dominance but, if I lost that power... (he snarls). It's all about what benefits the business for me. As for criticism? I think that if you go through life and no one hates you, then that means you're not good at anything. The critics I listen to are the ones I can hear when I walk into the arena. When people aren't caring about me anymore, I'll know. Look at John Cena. People say, "Who does Vince push him so much?" He sells so much (merchandise) and he sells out arenas. It's all about what benefits the business. The new stars have to rise on their own. What big star ever laid down for me? That's never been how business is done. Bret Hart didn't put Shawn Michaels over and refused to get beat (at Survivor Series 1997); he wouldn't lose the title. Now, that's a knock: that's what happened. Look at Steve Austin. I remember when Vince said they were bringing Austin in, and he said, "He'll be a good hand, to help the other guys." Then, they made him The Ringmaster, and gave him those plain trunks to wear. We used to say the "marks" were the fans who believed wrestling was all real -- not choreographed -- but now the smart fans, the ones who think they know everything, have became the marks. I know the majority of them don't know the business, they've never been in the business or wrestled in their lives."

He is King of Kings, Barbarian at the Gate. McMahon Empire, master of all memory. And if there is a territorial war to be won, his Junior McMahon Mafia will be the one to win it. With TRIPLE H - their handpicked shogun, the Greatest Wrestler of ALL TIME. The gauntlet has been laid. The only title worth a DAMN around here is this one (unveils belt from within the briefcase):

THE WWWF BELT



Come to the Broken City Slaughterhouse for "RESPECT THE HOOKERS & SHOOTERS!!!!!!!"
CREDITS

TRIPLE H: Powerslam Magazine interview (November 2009 issue)
LOU THESZ: The LEE BENAKA interviews
JACK SWAGGER: 6/18/10 Smackdown

DESMOND WOLFE: Sun Wrestling Interview July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment